Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Can I pleeeeease have one? Prada please?

I'll take one of each, please...



Pretty pink-y


Multi-colored swiggles


Prada black and gold vertical pattern


I believe there are two kinds of girls in the world - the shoe girls and the bag girls (yes, I know, this is a common belief - and I'm pretty sure it was a topic in the SATC movie, but my memory is failing me right now because I'm a little overtired). I am 100% a shoe girl. I was thinking today about how small shoes are - not crazy super small, but small. Sure they are made of really beautiful things like leather and silk. But there aren't any diamonds on shoes - no emeralds, not even pearls. And yet, we spend SO much money on shoes, the kind of spending that COMPARES to buying jewelry (which potentially lasts a lifetime whereas shoes - at least my shoes - tend to last a couple of months). So why the ruckus about shoes? I'm still not 100% sure. However, I still love to buy them, so much so that I've decided that it's time to switch over to the OTHER side.

Like a brunette suddenly turning blonde I have decide to give the handbag world a twirl. And by handbag, I mean HANDBAGS - DESIGNER HANDBAGS (and by twirl, I don't mean purchase - I mean being broke and simply posting pictures of my dream bags). What you see above is the beginning of this new path in my life. It is the path down Overstock.com road. And on this road I have encountered beautiful things - sorry, I'll be blog-post-specific - beautiful BAGS. And one bag designer that I have grown quite fond of is the lovely Prada. It's not quite the same adoration I had back in high school when I used to watch plenty of students strut down the locker-lined hallways embracing their mini-Prada backpacks (I'm not trying to sound facetious, I really can't, I had like three Kate Spade bags in high school which were not exactly "cheap"); it's a new more mature interest in "the Prada." It's a color-and/or-metallic-Prada-bag specific interest(/enfatuation).

What's great about Overstock is that it's just great. There are great deals, great picture displays, and great selections. I was actually surprised to see such a vast offering of Prada bags on this website (and I'm not going to lie, the whole "Sell out risk very high!" message makes me really nervous, like I'll be forfeiting the opportunity of a lifetime if I don't purchase that item (even though days later the item is still there, with the same warning)). So what you see above are what I deem the crème de la crème of the less expensive part of (wow, that was a mouthful) Overstock Prada selection (and trust me, these ain't some tiny Prada backpack filled with Spice Girls albums and Fire and Ice perfume).

3 comments:

  1. This is extremely deep.

    Women enjoy bags and shoes because the size is not related to your body image. you will never not 'fit' into a handbag or look 'fat' in a shoe.. hence our love with pretty things that do not judge us.

    My bag has sentimental value. it was given to me as a gift by someone who is no longer with us. and for me.. sexy shoes are only for bedroom runarounds...

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRADA does make amazing bags and also really enjoy Mac Jacobs. Keep the dream alive!

    http://www.ClosetMouse.com - where I shop for designer bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh - very nice!! :) I'm also super interested in owning a Gucci at some point (soon) in my life - haha.

    ReplyDelete