Monday, July 27, 2009

I don't know what happen to me, but...

I finally did it – I finally bought a pair of Tory Burch flats. I was never a fan – never. Why spend $200 on a pair of shoes? But then I realized that all of my flats and flip flops were falling apart. How every two months or so I’d probably spent $200 on several cheap sandals/walking shoes/etc. I thought, “Wait a minute – it’s time to invest in ONE high end pair rather than several ill-fitting/short-lasting pairs.” I really felt that such a decision was wise and that a pair of Tory Burch shoes could go the distance. I know, I know – the Tory Burch flat is SO two years ago (or three years? I’m not sure). And I never found them to be that stylish; in fact, I found myself in a monotonous sea of the very same Tory Burch flats during my Long Island-to-Manhattan commute over the past year or two. I think, in my head, I vowed never to wear such a "trendy" shoe.

But then, the Tory Burch bug got me. I sort of fell… in love? And then this infatuation sort of grew and grew until I finally stepped foot (in my Havaianas) in Bloomingdales. I though to myself, “Maybe I can negotiate some discount with the salesman – say, maybe some kind of student discount?” There I was, thinking the store NEEDED my money – NEEDED my $195 plus tax. Oh no – that was not the case. I arrived at the Bloomingdales (midtown NY, NY) shoe department and it was like every woman in NYC was there. Shoes were literally FLYING off the racks. Total pandemonium. I, the scared little mouse in the wild jungle of shoe shoppers, delicately picked up and turned over each Tory Burch shoe to see if any of them were on sale (I know – I must have been kidding myself, right?). Instead, I found statements like “COMPLETELY SOLD OUT” or “THIS IS THE LAST PAIR” on the bottom of each floor sample. I started to realize that this Tory Burch shoe thing was some serious business.

To make a long story short – I CAVED. When the incredibly nice shoe salesman found a plain, black pair of Tory Burches in my size (with leather that felt like butter – I know, I’m the former vegetarian that intends to go back to vegetarianism one day and here I am talking about leather – oh boy), it was an instant hit. And before I knew it, some saleswoman was swiping my credit card, I was perspiring, and I longed for the days when shopping was stress-free (wait – those days never existed).

So, in honor of that special day and the days ahead (in which I will be scouting out Tory Burches in other shades (and on sale)), I present to you the Reva variety:


All black Reva
Brown suede Reva

No comments:

Post a Comment