Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Flag Inspires Stripes

Hello, again! I know it has been awhile (I was away in Israel, where I actually made some delightful fashion purchases!), but I am eager to post something new! :) Fourth of July is just around the corner and today's post is inspired by the stripes in the American flag. And speaking of stripes, I've been seeing a lot of nautical fashion prints (including my Vince top that I'm wearing right this very second!) and they instantly put me in a very bright, summer-y, ready-for-the-ocean-waves, kind of mood.

Every now and then I look through the Neiman Marcus website because the store carries such drop dead gorgeous clothes. Everything is typically out of my price range, but every now and then the store has a great online sale that features less haute couture items (and, consequently, less expensive items). So, I recently noticed the beautiful striped-wear (which fits in perfectly with today's striped theme!):



Splendid ultra-cozy wrap sweater


Juicy Couture bright-lined tee


Theory yellow and grey top


Three Dots comfy-ness


Adorable rainbow Splendid shirt

These tops are perfect for the summer season. They are great for layering -- blazer, cardigan, vest -- anything! You can wear them in ultra-casual fashion, but you can also use them to inject a little fun in your more formal (perhaps career) attire. Many would argue that horizontal stripes fail to flatter many figures. I truly feel, however, that everyone can wear them. I say keep the bottoms simple (solid color slacks, skirt, shorts) so the overall outfit isn't too busy and unflattering. And what's particularly great about these tops is that they are so comfy and there is room to actually breathe in them (which is clearly vital to our every day success!).
These tops are all under $100 (most are much much much less than that, too). Buy em' up while you can. If anything, they are the perfect grab-and-go pieces that you never think you need, but, when that unexpected party, date, Casual Friday - whatever! - pops up, trust me, you'll wish you had them!

No comments:

Post a Comment