Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Consumed by Fashion Week

On Fashion's Night Out, I did not go out. I stayed in. I stayed in and watched the Fashion's Night Out special on QVC. I watched the QVC models strut around the faux NYC QVC set (which was quite excellent), and Isaac Mizrahi showcase his QVC line (which was quite enjoyable -- he and the host were exceptional salespeople). The broadcast was clearly intended for people who do not live in NYC; intended to give those people a taste of the Fashion's Night Out flavor, despite their being so remote. And so I felt quite lame as I sat on my couch -- correction, sat on the floor of my NEW YORK CITY apartment, eating dinner in my lap (as I am too cheap to buy a table for the apartment that I do not plan on occupying for much time in my life), watching an NYC-inspired shopping telecast intended for non-NYC residents, when I could've gotten out of my ripped sweatpants and gone 'round the corner to a FNO event in my NYC 'hood. What is wrong with my lazy self? But enough of my absurd tendencies. I've been monitoring NY Fashion Week since it started, this month. Here are a few of my favorite looks, thus far:
The Brilliant Naeem Khan
The Always-Classic Oscar de la Renta
Edgy Rodarte

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post! I don't know anything about fashion, but the introduction here had me literally laughing aloud!! :)

    ReplyDelete