Thursday, August 20, 2009

L.L. Bean goes chic

Per the article below, I recently learned that the very preppy L.L. Bean label is moving in a more modern direction. Sitting in the driver's seat, chief designer Alex Carleton will be helping the label shift gears while still retaining its "L.L. Bean[] roots." So, when I learned of this, I decided to type the name "Alex Carleton" into my handy dandy search engine. What I found was a man who serves as the owner of the label Rogues Gallery, which is based in Maine (quite convenient for L.L. Bean!). I then ventured into the Très Bien Shop, where I found an assortment of Rogues Gallery brand menswear that was truly beautiful. Take a look for yourself:

Article: http://www.wgme.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.me/3fbf72d9-www.wgme.com.shtml








Rogues Gallery


If this is any sort of indication of what's to come from the upcoming Alex Carleton-driven L.L. Bean label, I think we're in for a real treat. I look forward to injecting some more prep into my wardrobe.

1 comment: