Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tricks

Just a little something I wanted to share.

For a long time, my eye makeup would always end up smearing like whoa. I mean it - eye liner would bulk up on the sides of my eyes, mascara would leave huge dark circles under my eyes. It wasn't good. And as a woman with oily skin, this was just bound to happen! So, I've figured out what works best for me, and my eyes, and I wanted to share it with you.

1) Only apply mascara to your top lashes. I have avoided so many unwanted rings of makeup under my eyes by no longer applying mascara to my bottom lashes. And the truth is, no one realizes it! The other option, of course, is merely using clear mascara on top and bottom lashes. But I do realize that sometimes we lovely ladies want a dash of drama and so dark mascara on the upper lashes is the way to go!

2) Do not use eyeliner pencils, cream eyeliner, anything like that. For me, what works best, is using a q-tip and plain old eye shadow. Yes, people on the subway think I'm crazy when I'm using a q-tip to apply eye makeup in the morning, but it works! No more crazy smearing! Just take the very tip of the q-tip, dab it ever-so-slightly in the eye shadow of your choosing (I have brownish blackish eyes, so I love black eye shadow, purple eye shadow, and dark blue eyeshadow.). Tap the q-tip a couple of times so that any loose particles fall off. And simply use the q-tip, gently, like an eyeliner stick around your eyes. This works really well for me and I hope it works for you, too!

3) Use an eyebrow brush -- I recently started using one (I have very full eyebrows) and I LOVE it.

4) This many may disagree with. I find that eye shadow ALWAYS gets into the creases of my eyelids. So, instead, I suggest applyings some pretty shimmery shear type of color right under your eyebrow and then apply a very natural shade on the lids of your eyes (maybe something closer to your skin color). That way you don't have random stripes of really dark shadow in your eyelids. I would definitely save the crazy deep colors for nights out!

5) And, I always dab a tiny bit of concealer right under my eyes midday to cover up any particles that may have gathered there.

That's about it! I hope you found this helpful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment