Monday, April 6, 2009

The Start

A few months ago, I was exposed to Target's "GO International" line. I realize that this line has been popular for quite some time, but this is when I first REALLY saw the clothes and learned about the line's mission and all. I love fashion. Maybe it's more that I think we are all canvases - beautiful canvases - on which we can add ribbons and bows and color and paint and ultimately transform into art. Living art. We can use fashion to create living art. I have always loved watching Bryant Park fashion shows on my tiny tv at home; loved watching how brilliant designers transform human beings into walking art. And so this is where I turn back to Target. How Target connects with some of these brilliant designers in order to make available great fashion - great art - to the masses. Yes, I know, some will argue, "Is it really the same? Is it really the same great fashion that we saw on the runway at fashion week?" I happen to think that some pieces are really dynamite, are just as great. But of course, many out there might differ. Nontheless, however (as I babble here in my first blog entry -- I'm nervous about what some may say(!)), I love what Target has done. And Target (as well as Walmart (Norma Kamali line), H&M, and the many many many other stores/brands that have partnered with famous and/or up-and-coming designers), has sort of been my inspiration for this blog. I know I have sort of thrown a lot at you at once (I just can't help myself), but I guess I just want to talk to you, my dear audience, about my love of fashion, art, and everything creative (even if it's in the most scattered way possible). I want to share with you some of things I've found/I find so that, maybe, we all can have a more playful, pretty, fashionable - a more artistic time in this world.



While I don't have photos in this entry, I hope to use my mighty camera in the future and capture beautiful art - beautiful fashion - in my next entries. In the meantime, here are some links to some of my favorite fashion pieces that I wish I could afford! :)



http://www.net-a-porter.com/Shop/Designers/Jonathan_Saunders/All (And the Jonathan Saunders clothing for Target is also delicious! I'll have photos of pieces I own later on.)



http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1239045846/ref=sr_nr_i_0?ie=UTF8&rs=&keywords=cynthia%20vincent&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acynthia%20vincent%2Ci%3Ashoes (I ALMOST owned a pair of Cynthia Vincent shoes, but then a certain website ran out of my size and, sadly, I was an owner no more.)



http://www.target.com/Erickson-Beamon-Jewelry-Women/b/ref=sc_iw_r_12_0/181-8894433-3727042?node=358181011 I want everything (period) I saw the real stuff in person and the jewelry is PHENOMENAL.



And for the non-Target version of Beamon...

http://www.chickdowntown.com/products.asp?categoryID=4666&subcategoryID=&designerID=67746&color=

4 comments:

  1. Love the blog! Looks like I'm the 1st to comment - YAY! I'm a fan of Target's GO line, too! Unforch, the one in BK always sells out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your writing is very enthusiastic and fun! Great meeting you on Tuesday. We should check out some racks together.. i heard thread social sample sale going on. Second day tomorrow

    May 16th, 17th 12pm - 4pm
    26 West 17th Street, Third Floor, New York, NY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanna! Just got your message! We should TOTALLY check out clothing racks asap! Let me know of any other deals!!! :)

    ReplyDelete