Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Payless Option



Today, at approximately noon, Gilt will be holding a sale which includes, amongst other items, CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN shoes!!! My heart kind of sunk when I learned this earlier in the week because I currently do not have the funds to be purchasing $100+ shoes.

Shoes are a girl's best friend -- well, this accessory is certainly a best friend of mine. And there are countless times in which we enter a department store, view a shopping website, or see women walking down Fifth Avenue, and realize that the shoes on display are TOTALLY out of our price range. So, quite recently, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that designers like Lela Rose, Abaete (I LOVE Abaete), and Alice + Olivia were designing shoes and accessories for Payless. The weekend after I learned of this exciting news, I traveled to the Payless in Port Washington, Long Island to see these marvelous shoes and accessories (and to see if they were really a good bargain). When I got there (after getting lost), I was so disappointed to learn that the store in that part of Long Island was not a Payless fashion hot spot and did not carry those designer lines of shoes and accessories. So I got into my little car and drove all the way to another Payless on Long Island (I believe it was in Westbury) which ALSO did not carry the desired products!


Low and behold, I ultimately journeyed to the Roosevelt Field Mall Concourse level where I was SO delighted to see the designer products at Payless that I almost hugged the saleswoman (who definitely thought I was crazy)! (Did I mention that I did all of this driving in a snowstorm? Yeahhhhhhhh, it was quite the adventure!) I ended up purchasing 4 pairs of shoes. Two of those pairs are featured in this blog entry. The light green pair of Lela Rose peep toe pumps are featured on top and the Abaete partial wedges are feature right here. Each pair was under $30 and they are super comfortable, super cute, and super discounted. And, they seriously look like high-end shoes from Nordstrom or Bloomingdales.
What I'm trying to say is that if you want a fashion forward designer pair of shoes, the Payless partnership with designers is outstanding and an amazing alternative to the $300 real thing. I'm not saying ONLY buy these shoes, but they are a great and inexpensive way to liven up your wardrobe (and get lots of compliments)!

4 comments:

  1. I bought the Abaete ones in white! I can't believe I bought Payless shoes. LOL. They are cute! Grant something like "Isn't that a sin?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaahahaha -- omg, that's SO funny! I LOVE my Payless shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9/10 when i get a comment about how cute my shoes are, i can say "i got them from payless"...and everybody is always shocked. you can find some seriously good finds there that no one can tell where under $30. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I TOTALLY agree Everley! -- they have SUCH beautiful shoes!!! :) I also love the Lela Rose Unforgettable Moments line. Although they are wedding shoes, I think they are also PERFECT summer shoes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete